The NEMI day is postponed to March 22nd. More information will follow in due time.
Dear super-resolution enthusiasts,
The 30th of June of 2021 a first instalment of the workgroup for super-resolution microscopy of the NVvM meetings was held. Hereby we would like to in invite you to our second meeting where we will focus on the application of Super-Resolution microscopy.
For this second meeting we will organize a ‘mini-symposium’ where all of the workgroup members are invited to give a small 10 minute presentation focused on the application of super-resolution to biological and other problems. After these presentations there will be room for a brainstorm/discussion about where the biological and other challenges lie that super-resolution might solve. This mini-symposium will be held online Wednesday the 3rd of November from 13h ~ 17h (end time depending on the number of speakers). If you are interested in joining this workgroup meeting please let us know by sending an e-mail before Friday the 22nd of October, so we can make a program for the afternoon.
Dimitris Kapsokalyvas, Johan Slotman
FOCUS ON MICROSCOPY 2022
April 10 – 13, 2022
35th International Conference on 3D Image Processing in Microscopy
34th International Conference on Confocal Microscopy
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations can now be submitted through the conference website: www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org.
Deadline for abstract submission: Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
After the successful FOM2021 online conference earlier this year, it is a pleasure to announce FOM2022: the next in a series of unique interdisciplinary meetings on advanced and multi-dimensional light microscopy and image processing. We are optimistic that the COVID-19 situation will again allow an in-person meeting. The FOM2022 conference takes place in the historic city centre of Porto, by the Douro River at the
Centro de Congressos da Alfândega do Porto (www.ccalfandegaporto.com/en/).
The Porto conference will start on Sunday morning April 10 with tutorials, followed by parallel sessions, Flash poster presentations and a plenary opening session with invited speakers at the end of the afternoon. The first day will be closed with a welcome reception.
If you wish to be kept informed on updates, please leave your email address here. A more detailed announcement will be sent early next year.
FOM2022 continues a long-standing (since 1988), yearly conference series on the latest innovations and developments in (optical) microscopy and their application in biology, medicine, and the material sciences. FOM is committed to advancing microscopy research and meeting the needs of participants by providing opportunities for sharing work and connecting scientists with the global scientific community.
Key topics include:
- Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
- Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
- 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
- Adaptive optics for microscopy
- Light sheet microscopy
- Phase/interference based microscopies
- OCT, holographic, endoscopy
- Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
- New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
- Clearing and expansion techniques.
- Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS.
- Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
- Correlated light/electron microscopy
- Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
- OCT, endoscopy
- Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
- 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
Abstracts for contributions are invited and can be submitted starting Sunday October 24 through our website: www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org where further information on the present and previous FOM conferences can be found.
|Deadline for the submission of abstracts||Tuesday, January 25, 2022|
|Acceptance of abstracts, program on the web||Thursday, February 17, 2022|
|Deadline for early registration||Thursday, March 10, 2022|
|FOM2022 Conference||Sunday, April 10 – April 13, 2022|
|Easter Sunday 2022||April 17, 2022|
Welcoming you to the Porto FOM2022 conference and exhibition,
the FOM2022 organizers:
- Paula Sampaio, IBMC/i3S, University of Porto, Portugal
- Hans Gerritsen, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands